Fishing with Don Meissner

Hall of Liars
Fish stories and fish talk with Don & friends

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

musky fishing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sly41985

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: musky fishing Reply with quote

Last sunday I caught my first musky on the St. Lawrence river near Carelton island in Cape Vincent NY. The fish measured 41" and weighed around 20lbs, not really considered a "trophy" fish but it will always be a trophy fish to me.

About 5 years ago now ... I think at least ... I saw one of Don's streamside episodes where he was fishing the Grasse River for muskies in late fall, November if I recall. For some reason from watching his show I go the "musky sickness or musky bug" if you will. I started doing a lot of research on them, reading articles online, buying magazines and DVD's. I started to spend my fishing money on musky lures instead of my usual bass lures. After 5 years of that I FINALLY caught my first musky. To this day streamside has been one of my favorite fishing shows. I use to watch it a lot with my father as a kid. Both Grasse River episodes, one with the DEC and one where he lost the big one trying to beach it when it went through his friends legs, still stand out in my head to this day. I can say honestly say that watching his show had a huge impact on starting my musky fishing career.

Couple of questions:

One thing Ive always wanted to know was where did you fish exactly on the Grasse River??. I live in Watertown NY and my father and I fished the Grasse a couple times last year, launched @ Madrid bridge, but had no luck.

Where can I buy those big hydra lures??? I bought a kit awhile ago but all the lures were small.
Thanks again
Shawn
sly41985

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Forgot one thing Reply with quote

I actually uploaded my video of my first musky on www.youtube.com if you go to the site and type in sly41985 you can see my videos.
thanks again!
klutenna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you start fishing in Sacramento? My dad was diagnosed with kidney failure and wanted to take his kids fishing before he undergoes a transplant surgery. He purchased a boat and doesn't know how to get started. Where's the best place for catfish and a very easy boating trip in/near Sacramento?
chiclothe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually uploaded my video of my first musky on.

Wholesale Japan clothing
ashleyco

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the best place for catfish and a very easy boating trip in/near Sacramento?

Cheap True Religion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hall of Liars Forum Index -> Fish Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: